Complete your PhD with us!
Robotics for asset inspection and management is a transformative field that has the potential to completely disrupt the way we maintain our infrastructure. It has huge benefits for a wide range of industries and is particularly useful for hard-to-reach assets such as windfarms, bridges, smelters, underground tunnels or deep-sea infrastructure where the risk to humans is considerable and asset shutdowns are very costly. Our students’ research will contribute to solving the industry challenges of today and into the future, to advance the science of robotics.
Completing a PhD with us is an opportunity to be supervised by leading academics and mentored by industry experts on research areas that have real-world impact. We provide first-class facilities in a fun and supportive environment alongside our team of fellow academics, expert industry partners, robotics engineers and support staff.
We are offering Australian Research Council and industry-funded scholarships to join our team located within Australia’s leading academic institutions for robotics research: University of Sydney, Queensland University of Technology (Brisbane), and The Australian National University (Canberra).
Our scholarships are available in key areas of at the forefront of robotics and related subjects, including:
- Computational imaging
- Planning & control
- 3D reconstruction & mapping
- Machine learning & reinforcement learning
Through our program you will:
- Undertake research in real-world problems and push the frontiers of research into intelligent robotics systems
- Develop specialist technical skills throughout a 3.5-year scholarship
- Be mentored by leading academics as well as industry experts
- Apply your knowledge to real robots in the lab and in the field
- Develop strong, transferable soft skills such as project management, and client relations to complement your technical knowledge
- Build your professional network through our industry workshops and attending international conferences
- Contribute to developing new knowledge in a fast-growing industry with endless potential
To apply you must ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements of our partner universities. The minimum requirements are:
- Hold a bachelors degree in a relevant field of study
- Generally first class honours or equivalent
Expressions of Interest
Please upload your CV (2 pages) and transcript. We strongly encourage you to submit a Google link to a 2 minute selfie video or a 1 page written document describing your proudest research accomplishment and why you are interested in our research projects. This is not a formal application.